Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just another fishing day

I finally had the chance to go fishing one of my favorite un-named small stream yesterday. My fishing partner and I wanted to get on the water early but shortly before we had to leave the heavens opened and it started pouring down and we decided to put the trip of.

Two hours later the sun was shining and it looked like it would be a stunning day. I phoned him to tell him the trip's on and an hour and half later we were busy gearing up.

Right form the first cast I missed a fish and it looked like it was going to be a good day. This particular stream doesn't hold any big fish and is so overgrown that bow and arrow casts is the order of the day. My friend fished his 6"6 2 weight rod and I had my 3 weight rod. We both fished dry flies the whole day and both of us landed a number of fish.








2 comments:

  1. Thats a beautiful little stream, with rainbows to match. What's the name of the red fly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brk Trt thanks for the comment. It really is a pretty little stream. The red fly is just a modified CDC and Elk hair caddis. I use a very dark elk hair and cdc and the red you see is the florescent red post that helps me see the fly.

    ReplyDelete